WXIA/11Alive is seeking a full time Video Editor. Strong candidates understand how news video exists on-air and digital. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to create high quality content that meets deadlines.
• Creative story telling of the highest journalist standards.
• Editing a variety of video elements including voice-overs, SOTS, packages, graphics, and teases.
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop) is a plus.
• Must have a professional demeanor and work well as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material, while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Oversee live shots in ENG for shows, breaking news, streams, etc.
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience as a non-linear editor – preferably in a local TV news department environment.
• Experience with Edius and ENPS a plus.
• Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as needed.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.