Brown Bag Films have a vacancy for an Editor to join our busy post production team in Toronto.
Reporting to: Director of Post Production
Purpose: Why you’re here at 9 Story Media Group
To deliver high-quality story telling by building of leicas, shot breakdown of leicas and assembly edits of assigned episodes within agreed scope and in creative collaboration with Production and Post Production teams.
Delivery: What you produce
- Leicas and scene exports
- Offline edits
- Handovers to Online.
Measurements: How we measure it
- High quality, on schedule delivery of assigned episodes through all phases, within defined project scope
- Feedback from Director, Producer, Post Production Supervisor, Post Production Coordinator.
Responsibilities: What you are regularly responsible for doing
- Collaborating with Production and Post Production teams to create the highest quality production within the constraints of the project budget and schedule.
- Assembling and editing leicas in Storyboard Pro and/or Adobe Premiere.
- Generating scene exports for scene planning and animation.
- Undertaking offline editing of animation.
- Cutting in revisions and pickups ensuring correct versions are in the sequence.
- Updating all trackers in a timely manner.
- Providing creative feedback, suggestions and making edits during editorial screenings.
- Addressing creative and technical notes provided by the director and other parties.
- Exporting screeners from Premiere/Media Encoder for internal and client review.
- Preparing locked cuts for Post Audio and Online.
Requirements for the role: Things that help you do your job (what is essential & what is desirable)
- A solid understanding of broadcast video technology, video formats, and the Post Production process.
- Solid sense of timing, pace and storytelling.
- An understanding of the 2D animation pipeline and processes (desirable).
- Prior editorial experience in longform TV/Film and/or animation productions.
- Track record of working with all levels of production crew, creatives and management.
- Expert knowledge of NLE software, i.e., Adobe Premiere, Storyboard Pro
- Basic Photoshop and After Effects skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Autodesk Shotgrid (desirable)
Behaviours (Competencies) – To be developed separately