DreamWorks Animation Television is seeking a Visual Development Artist with a diverse set of skills to join our team on an unannounced action/comedy/preschool show.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 17, 2023
DreamWorks Animation Television is seeking a Visual Development Artist with a diverse set of skills to join our team on an unannounced action/comedy/preschool show. The candidate should demonstrate a strong design and/or paint foundation to contribute to the creative vision of the series. This exciting new opportunity is based in Glendale, California and is covered by the Animation Guild.
“What would you say you do here?”
- Work under the guidance of a Production Designer and Art Director to generate artwork related to characters, environments, backgrounds, costume and prop design.
- Create artwork that informs the early story and visual development process and well as the production process
- Potentially building orthographics for environments, structures and props - including turns using existing approved designs
- Potentially building orthographics for characters/vehicles/props - including turns using existing approved designs
- Generate rough concepts to explore new designs within the style of the show
- When requested, build and present innovative ideas to improve visual concepts and designs
- Outstanding eye and ability to translate a thorough understanding of color, composition, detail, texture and lighting into designs and/or paintings
- Willingness to take feedback and rework material while maintaining a new perspective
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff and ensure all deadlines are met
- Ensure all artwork is accurately backed up, organized and stored appropriately
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Thorough design foundation including knowledge of: perspective, composition, painting, lighting and color theory
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills
- Is a teammate, who genuinely enjoys working with others
- Strong time-management skills
- Works well in a fast paced production environment under pressure
“What can I offer?”
- At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation and/or video games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Maya/Zbrush/Modo is a plus
- Portfolio that demonstrates seasoned design and painting skills
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary Range: $78,312 - $125,000