The Script Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day production workflow for writing staff.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Script Coordinator to join a production based in Glendale, CA.
“What would you say you do here?”
- Take notes during writer’s meetings, story note meetings, animatic reviews, and recording sessions.
- Track circle takes for all lines of dialogue, including pickup and ADR lines during recording sessions.
- Ensure that executive notes are received in a timely manner, accurately transcribed, saved in the appropriate format, and distributed.
- Organize and distribute physical scripts for recording sessions (record drafts), as well as pickup and ADR sheets.
- Conform scripts to edited dialogue and action of locked animatic, locked picture, and final mixed picture.
- Responsible for proofreading, filing, cataloguing, and distributing all premises, outlines, script drafts and revisions.
- Update and organize files and database of all premises, outlines and drafts of each script, including submissions.
- Work in conjunction with the Line Producer, Casting, Music, and Talent Relations departments to schedule cast records efficiently.
- Flag potential writing and scheduling issues to Line Producer and/or Production Manager.
- Support Staff Writers with filing and noting needs.
- Stay abreast of notes meetings and regularly elevate information appropriately to Line Producer and/or Production Manager.
- Research story specific topics.
- Coordinate the writing schedule and distribute and update the weekly script status report; give script progress updates at regular production meetings.
- Track and provide cast list with line counts for script drafts to other production staff.
- Working knowledge of Final Draft, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Minimum 1 year of previous TV animation production experience.
- In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Desired Qualifications: “What can I offer?”
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous Script Coordinator or Writer’s Assistant experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with partner studios.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $60,000