A Previsualization/Rough Layout Artist creates sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer graphics environment.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 25, 2022
“What would you say you do here?”
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
- Build an animatic interpretation of the story reel.
- Ensure that the vision of the Director and Art Director are incorporated into the film where possible
- Work with existing storyboards, recreate and/or enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
- May create rough pre-visualization models and environments to facilitate animatic work.
- Collaborate with the Editorial department to incorporate materials and animatic work into the production reel.
- Help guide the pre-visualization and layout work flow, tool and pipeline development with input and testing.
- Pre-visualize the look of the film - characters, locations, effects, look - in collaboration with the Art Department.
- Pre-visualize and layout sequences of shots that convey the story based on storyboards, story reel and/or script pages.
- Model, surface and rig pre-visualization and layout models, characters, environments, and effects.
- Optimize assets and scenes for real time interactive playback.
- Plan and prepare motion capture and camera capture sessions.
- Active participant at virtual shoots capturing motion capture data.
- Active participant at camera capture session capturing camera motion.
- Work in pre-visualization and layout on lighting, effects, rough character animation/blocking, camera motion, and rough editing.
- Motion edit motion capture and keyframe animation of characters.
- Deliver shot data to Final Layout Department that meet the need of production.
- Communicate with downstream departments to find solutions that facilitate the production process.
- “What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- 3 years of computer graphics pre-visualization production experience
- Experience with motion capture based pre-visualization workflow
- Expertise in programs such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Motion Builder, Adobe Photoshop
- Expertise with editing software
- Moderate to advanced modeling, surfacing and rigging skills
- Moderate to advanced skills in effects animation Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
“What can I offer?”
Film background and/or film education