Modelers are depended upon to create complex models of the highest quality, including characters, environments, and props in a variety of styles.
Location Not Provided
- Demonstrate an understanding of design fundamentals/principles.
- Prepare and install technically clean models for production.
- Demonstrate versatility in their ability to create a wide range of models, from hard-surfaced to organic shapes.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic Unix commands/navigation, and be adaptable to new software and techniques.
- Create models that align with artistic design/style of film; interpret art reference/art direction
- Troubleshoot technical and creative problems, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in various modeling approaches and apply tools effectively and creatively to models.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of common design components that make aesthetically pleasing models, i.e. balance, composition, shape/form, rhythm, etc.
- Good people skills, and the ability to collaborate with both supervisors and peers.
• Strong knowledge in 3D modeling software, such as Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, etc.
• Experience in modeling characters and environments.
• Understands technical requirements of models for pipeline use.
• 2+ years of industry related experience.