The Crowd Artist is responsible for all aspects of shot composition and simulation of crowd elements under the direction of the Crowd Supervisor.
Responsibilities: “What would you say you do here?”
- Create an appealing performance for crowd characters from key framed cycles or motion capture data, using Crowd simulation software and motion editing tools.
- Work with Crowd Developers to determine and test what features are required to craft desired performances.
- Organize and present your work to your supervisor, the Director, and Visual Effects Supervisor and address notes accurately.
- Help identify and solve problems in simulations, cycles, and renders.
- Works well within a team and fosters a good working atmosphere.
• Experience working with crowd simulation software like Massive and Golaem
• Experience composing character elements in scenes and performing to camera
• Knowledge of software packages like Motion Builder, Maya, and Houdini
• Experience working in a Linux production environment
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Proven experience working with crowds
• Experience working with cycle animation, character animation, and/or motion capture
• Scripting in languages like Python
• Experience working with a USD based pipeline