Animation Residents will gain hands-on experience through a 12 week intensive training program within Feature Animation.
DreamWorks Animation is looking for more adventurous dreamers who shoot for the moon. We tell stories about the journeys our unconventional heroes take to make dreams come true. As a growth-minded studio, we pride ourselves on being one of the world’s leading producers of high-quality, award-winning, animated films and series, reaching consumers around the globe. We push to feel more, laugh more, and build immersive new worlds.
DreamWorks creates a diverse array of original content in a variety of formats, delivering compelling stories with unique characters. We place tremendous value on the experiences our talent brings to the table from their own non-traditional paths to success. We believe in frequent communication and that transparency and trust yield the best work. We are a community of artists, technologists, innovators, and creators, who are passionate about animation and also happen to love eating lunch together.
Our commitment to developing talent has never been stronger. We are excited to launch the Animation Resident Program, a new program highlighting a vibrant community of hardworking animators who offer a diverse range of multicultural experiences. Animation Residents bring their passion for animation and a willingness to grow their skills and knowledge in a fast paced production environment! We provide them a program that dives into every aspect of cycles and animation, DreamWorks curriculum, mentorship, leadership exposure, networking and more!
Animation Residents will gain hands-on experience through a 12 week intensive training program within Feature Animation. Upon successful completion of the 12 weeks of training, Residents will be given the opportunity to move into cycles animation and from there, Assistant Animators. Residents are mentored by the Resident Program Lead and their individually assigned mentors throughout the duration of the program. They are exposed to a comprehensive curriculum taught by industry and studio professionals. Residents will be led through multiple assignments that focus on building their animation skills and prepare them for the Cycles Animation Team.
The Program is a 12 week, full-time and paid opportunity and is covered by the Animation Guild.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
Responsibilities: “What would you say you do here?”:
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and communicate progress of work to supervisors
- Responsible for attending studio classes and speaker series within the Resident program curriculum, focusing on a deep dive into the principles of animation as well as learning more about various departments within the animation studio.
- Complete program assignments and projects, including but not limited to poses, walk cycles, and performance tests
- Complete cycle animation training
● Recent graduate (within 2 years) with an Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree from a College/University (or equivalent)
● No more than 2 years of work experience in the animation industry
● Strong knowledge of Maya software.
● An understanding of the principles of animation and ability to show character performance.
● Ability to communicate effectively, take notes, and collaborate with others.
● Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
● Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal/DreamWorks Animation worksite.
● Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
How To Apply:
● Please submit a resume that includes a short bio or summary
● Please submit a reel under 2 minutes in length.
● An ideal reel will contain strong animation samples that showcase acting, action, dialogue, and animation principles (the samples can be personal projects, academic projects, or professional projects)