Reporting to the Head of Production, the Director of Physical Production will work with the department in all aspects of physical production and postproduction across our broad spectrum of original productions and acquisitions.
This individual’s primary focus will be supervising MarVista’s international slate including Latin American films. The key function of this position is to manage and keep the team apprised of multiple projects requiring daily contact with internal and external stakeholders
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and maintains studio oversight on a slate of 80+ projects per year (movies and series)
- Oversees and manages multiple projects simultaneously; builds and maintains relationships with key external partners
- Engages creative executives and external producers on preliminary breakdowns, budgets, and schedules
- Partners closely with the Production Accountant across a range of budget levels to review budgets and cashflows, monitor cost reports, hot costs, residuals, and security deposits.
- Tracks the pipeline status for each project for both Production and Postproduction
- Collaborates with Production Finance teams to organize and run weekly Post-Mortem meetings to review and reconcile delivered projects
- Liaises with Business Affairs to ensure efficient sharing of information and deal tracking
- Identifies vendors and deals to be implemented across our large volume of productions
- Assesses production locations and tax incentive opportunities
- Owns projects, processes, programs, and resources
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Ability to multitask, collaborate across cross-functional teams, detail-oriented, problem-solver
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships
- Bachelor's degree in related area
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented to manage many projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of and experience with Latin American production and tax incentives, preferred.
- Knowledge of Final Draft
- Knowledge of Postproduction flow
- Knowledge in union and guilds: IA, DGA, WGA Teamsters and SAG (Modified Low Budget through Basic agreement)
- Minimum of 7 -10 years of experience in physical production (TV, TV Episodic, Feature Film)
- Proven leader who cares about culture, building relationships and delivering best-in-class work
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office, MS Outlook, Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
NICE TO HAVE
Fluent in Spanish (read, write, speak)
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for California.