Locked On is looking for its next Director of Production to oversee all facets of our audio and video production from quality control to expression of brand.
This includes recorded podcasts and live events. We are looking for someone with both hands-on audio and video production experience as well as experience managing production processes and leading others through the production and recording process. We are looking for someone equally comfortable producing audio content as they are producing video content. We are looking for someone with experience producing content for YouTube and someone that has creative skills, managerial experience, and technical knowledge.
As our Director of Production, you will be responsible for:
- Developing our audio and video production standards, guidelines, and practices and implementing them across the network with our hosts
- Creating the core audio and video assets that our hosts will use to produce daily podcasts.
- Creating production processes and designs that can be rolled out efficiently over a large network of shows and hosts
- Working with our Director of Marketing, The Tank (TEGNA creative design team), and any outside contractors to develop and design our branded production imaging for the network and specific shows
- Overseeing the technical onboarding of new hosts for the production of their podcasts for audio and video, including YouTube
- Working with hosts to address technical issues with production platforms
- Overseeing a process, with other managers, to audit audio and video quality across the network
- Working with vendors and platform providers such as Restream
- Designing equipment specifications that our hosts use for daily production of their audio and video podcasts
- Working with show executive producers on the design of video and still graphics plus set design (if any) for certain marquee productions (Draft, Trade Deadline, etc.)
- Overseeing the production of special audio and video projects for tradeshows, sales presentations, etc.
- Managing the production of network promos for audio and video including collaborating with marketing on promo copy and idea development
Required skills include proficiency with: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Microsoft Excel, YouTube Studio
Preferred skills include proficiency with: Adobe Illustrator, Restream, Canva, OBS, vMix
Other desired skills and experience for this position include:
- Audio and video production with a media company, production company, radio/tv/digital media network, or similar
- Work with both recorded and live productions
- Previous work in sports media and sports production
- Administrative and management skills for overseeing large production projects, leading teams, and keeping things on track and on-time
- The ability to template production processes and assets for rollout over large organizations
- Hands-on production skills needed to produce audio and video projects
- Experience with and creative vision for developing branded audio and video assets
- The ability to lead and coach producers, contractors, talent, and other team members
- The ability to work efficiently and move decisively through multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables to meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- A collaborative team player and also a doer who also knows when and how to move forward and get the job done
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
If you want to be part of an exciting digital media company, collaborative team, and one of the fastest-growing audio and video podcasting networks in the country, Locked On could be your next home. We are a virtual company, so you also get to live and work anywhere you want in the U.S.
To apply for this Director of Production position, please submit a resume and cover letter. Tell us how you meet our needs, how you’ll make our team better, and why you’d be a great fit to lead our production efforts. We look forward to hearing from you.