The Director of Development and Major Gifts is responsible for overseeing YPR’s fundraising and underwriting programs and to solicit major gifts.
The Director of Development and Major Gifts is responsible for overseeing YPR’s fundraising and underwriting programs and to solicit major gifts. This includes on-air pledge drives, special project campaigns, social media, and oversight of direct mail, email, and online giving through the Contributor Development Partners platform. Goals are focused on increasing membership growth, retention, and levels of giving. This position will focus on soliciting gifts of $5,000 and above. Must be able to confidently lead a successful fundraising program including planning, goal setting, implementation, and evaluation to meet desired and established metrics. The Director of Development and Major Gifts reports directly to the YPR General Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Designs and implements membership communication strategies driving member support, retention, growth, and engagement. Develops strategies for on-air, online, and direct mail campaigns throughout the year. Supervises donor acquisition, renewals, additional gifts, sustaining memberships, endowment giving, and challenge matches. Facilitates growth in membership and enhances donor loyalty by developing and implementing station events designed to inform listeners about YPR and solicit donations. Supervises the development and production of all membership engagement materials, both print and online.
· Supervises the Business Support (Underwriting) Manager and directs their efforts to secure corporate support in the form of on-air underwriting messages. Advises the General Manager on the goals and strategies related to corporate support acquisition. Advises the Business Support (Underwriting) Manager on underwriting rates and packages and assists in the production of rate sheets and other relevant materials related to the sale of underwriting. Oversees the efforts of the Business Support (Underwriting) Manager to maintain and grow corporate support relationships, including, but not limited to, account review, account contacts, and resolving account disputes.
· Designs, supervises, and implements an ongoing Major Gifts initiative for donors who give $5,000 or more. Manages a portfolio of 50-100 current donors at that level. Communicates station initiatives and needs to these donors. Develops engagement strategies to identify and attract new major donor candidates. Cultivates relationships that focus on the importance of major donor philanthropy for YPR. Provides opportunities for station tours, station staff meet-and-greets, and other exclusive availabilities for major donors. Designs, supervises, and implements planned and estate gifts and vehicle donations though YPR’s partnership with CARS.
· Acts as YPR’s liaison to the CDP / MSB membership platform. Articulates YPR’s direct mail and email needs and reviews all materials generated by CDP / MSB. Tracks giving trends and generates reports for use in goal setting and giving strategies. Works with individual donors to update relevant donor information in the CDP / MSB database system. Creates source codes for tracking discrete fundraising initiatives.
· Oversees the scheduling and implementation of YPR’s semi-annual on-air fundraising weeks. Works with the General Manager to set financial goals for each fundraising week. Solicits challenge matches and supervises the outreach for food donations during the drive. Supervises the data entry works with CDP / MSB to minimize errors and potential down time during the on-air fund-raising week.
· Along with the Business and Finance Manager, develops and submits relevant reporting for YPR’s annual audit. Provides relevant context and analysis directly to the auditors when necessary.
· Represents YPR in a variety of settings: speaking to community groups, attending meetings of other non-profit organizations, or hosting YPR-related events.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field ·
- 5 Years’ experience in non-profit fund raising and donor development ·
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or publishing software ·
- Database Management experience ·
- Experience in Major Gift solicitation
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Public Media Experience
- Grant Writing Experience