The Director III is responsible for directing the station's newscasts from the news automated control room with a minimal number of errors while supervising the crew.
Tucson, Arizona Area
Jul 15, 2022
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assigned to daily newscasts as a director or technical director
- Works with show producers using newsroom computer system to create an integrated automated show rundown
- Directs control room crew for pre-production, studio shot planning and graphics integration
- Direct other shows, production shoots and special reports as assigned
- Assist with any studio setups including but not limited to lighting
- Lends expertise to the client to help them better understand television and how it can help their product
- Conceptualize and execute station initiatives and special projects
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors in related discipline preferred.
- 3 years’ experience directing LIVE newscasts and 1 year experience with IGNITE automation strongly preferred.
- Must have previous multi-camera directing experience preferably in television news with control room automation.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Must have the ability to direct fast-pace rapidly changing productions for extended periods.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art video switchers and effects.
- Familiar with routers, video servers, audio consoles, robotic studio cameras, graphics systems and studio production equipment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Effective communication and people skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Day, Evening, Overnight