WTVF, the E.W. Scripps Company CBS affiliate in Nashville, TN, is looking for a Director to join our news team.
Greater Nashville Area
Aug 10, 2022
The Director works in all areas of television production and is responsible for directing fast paced, complex newscasts and other local programming from the automated control room with a minimal amount of errors as well as assisting in completion of pre-production for newscasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assigned to daily newscasts as a director or technical director
- Oversees the set up and operations of equipment including camera, audio, video and lighting. Constructs and dismantles set.
- Ensures smooth operation of technical equipment and services during broadcast.
- Troubleshoots technical problems during production or broadcast.
- Works with show producers using newsroom computer system to create an integrated automated show rundown
- Directs control room crew for pre-production, studio shot planning and graphics integration
- Direct other shows, production shoots and special reports as assigned
- Monitors the status of all live shots and content prior to a live newscast.
- Works closely with news department, directors, producers, and promotions to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained with a minimal amount of errors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a director/technical director on Live newscasts
- Must have previous multi-camera directing experience preferably in television news with control room automation.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including audio, switching, digital effects, camera operation and shot composition, lighting, and character generators.
- Good working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of proper composition, grammar and spelling.
- Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of television production……..lighting, character generators, and news automation.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.