WBNS 10TV, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in Columbus, OH is looking for a weekend evening Broadcast Director.
The person filling this role will be tasked with the directing and switching of our live broadcasts using Ross Overdrive Production Automation. The director is the last line of defense of our product before it hits the air. We are seeking an individual who can execute transformation and growth of our visual product in the ever-changing world of live local news. This position is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced content with the potential to produce special projects. The director works closely with a team of production professionals and news producers to place the most compelling and clean products on the air. We are looking for someone to bring some new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
• Code and execute live/taped shows using Ross Overdrive Automation.
• Oversee the overall look of our product across multiple platforms.
• Work closely with the Production Manager to facilitate any changes and updates to our automation systems as they work together with News Automation workflows.
• Find and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Efficiency with ENPS, Chyron and Ross Overdrive
• Edit syndicated promos using Adobe Premiere.
• Potential to work on special projects.
• Change studio lamps.
• Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years directing experience required.
• Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and automation, intercom and graphics systems.
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. Will require weekends and some holidays.
• Ability to work with a team of people to achieve clean newscasts.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Ability to adapt and quickly change on the fly for breaking news and unexpected special events.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.