Ideastream Public Media seeks a passionate and self-motivated journalism professional with a love for community and a passion for storytelling to serve as Digital Producer.
Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
Jan 20, 2023
Ideastream Public Media, a Cleveland-based multiple media organization and home to Ohio’s largest NPR, PBS and classical radio stations, is building on its recent merger with WKSU and expanding its trusted, in-depth, high-quality local news and information service to 22 counties in Northeast Ohio. As part of that expansion, Ideastream seeks a passionate and self-motivated journalism professional with a love for community and a passion for storytelling to serve as Digital Producer. We eagerly welcome individuals with diverse lived experiences and perspectives to enrich our work and bring fresh ideas into our organization.
- Reporting to the Deputy Editor—Digital Content, the Digital Producer is responsible for creating and presenting unique digital content that connects with and serves the news and information needs of Ideastream Public Media audiences.
- The ideal candidate is a journalist with social media experience interested in engaging with and developing diverse audiences across digital platforms and creating innovative digital content that meets the public service mission of Ideastream.
- This position also will be focused on producing The Daily Frequency, Ideastream’s morning newsletter.
- As part of this role, the Digital Producer will work nontraditional hours, starting and ending earlier in the day in order to meet a 7:30 a.m. newsletter delivery time.
- The Digital Producer will write and edit copy following AP style and SEO best practices, and gather and analyze digital content audience data.
- Qualified candidates will have the ability to leverage social media platforms for journalistic purposes and demonstrated proficiency using editing software, Adobe Audition/Premiere/Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
- The candidate should also have strong verbal and written communication, decision making and problem-solving skills, and demonstrated writing, editing, and proofreading skills for digital platforms.
A Bachelor’s degree in digital media, journalism, social media, or a related field, and two years of digital journalism experience is preferred, though an equivalent of experience in related fields and education will be considered.
The salary range for this position begins at $52,000 and is commensurate with experience.