The Digital Director, Neighborhood News will oversee websites and the digital presence for up to 12 Scripps stations with a hyper-local approach to news. The Digital Director will be responsible for executing the Neighborhood News content strategy on the station-specific digital platforms.
Jun 30, 2023
The Digital Director, Neighborhood News will oversee websites and the digital presence for up to 12 Scripps stations with a hyper-local approach to news. The Digital Director will be responsible for executing the Neighborhood News content strategy on the station-specific digital platforms. The Digital Director will also help create a team approach to maintaining and modernizing digital content. This is a remote opportunity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee the digital presence for up to 12 Scripps stations focused on a hyper-local neighborhood news content strategy
- Work with local News Directors to execute a team approach to maintaining Scripps digital products on assigned digital platforms, such as mobile, tablet, social and third-party/syndicated.
- Provide training for local news teams to develop relevant, current and hyper-local content on digital platforms.
- Optimize pages and sections of the website for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Collaborate with corporate content teams to streamline workflows to maximize the Scripps Neighborhood-Focused Digital Strategy.
- Conceptualize and create new content areas on the website to modernize the approach to local digital coverage in Scripps newsrooms.
- Troubleshoot any and all website problems.
- Track monthly analytics, including standard web, advertiser, video, mobile and social.
- Provide digital help and support for local stations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Generally, 10+ years of experience in a closely related field preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Ability to think differently about digital coverage.
- Detail-oriented, able to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to articulate strategy and vision.
- Ability to coach, guide, and support content teams at up to 12 local Scripps stations.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the company.
- Strong understanding of analytics for digital audiences.
- Natural problem solver with creative solutions to make digital workflows more efficient.
- Passion for emerging digital products and new technologies.
- Working knowledge of online content management systems (CMS) and HyperText Markup Language (HTML).
- Working knowledge of web design/development applications.
- Understanding of social media and search engine optimization (SEO) concepts.
- Some travel may be required.