The digital content writer is a creative storyteller who will utilize their familiarity with news and politics, the progressive landscape, and the TYT brand to develop, write, edit, publish content and copy for a variety of digital platforms to support marketing and PR initiatives and campaigns and growing TYT’s brand awareness.
Remote from CA, PA, NJ, NY, DC, CT, VA, GA, OH, OR
This person has a proven record of excellent writing, is up to date with current events in news and politics, understands TYT’s story and brand, has strong interpersonal skills, possesses good time management skills, has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and is enthusiastic in making an impact!
TYT seeks a motivated, creative, interpersonal, problem-solving digital content writer who has a strong understanding of the political landscape, and has knowledge of TYT’s history, impact, shows, hosts, community, platforms. An ideal candidate is a self-starter, collaborative, and can write engaging and informative content, optimized for the publishing platform. This person is accustomed to taking initiative, inter-departmental collaboration, problem solving, and is forward thinking.
The digital content writer is responsible for owning the communications calendar and executing our digital messages across platforms and to support several business lines through supporter acquisition and retention. This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces across cross-functional teams, you’ll work closely with product, marketing, audience development, and programming teams.
- Writing, developing, editing, publishing content and copy for various digital platforms.
- Creative storyteller: Write and edit promotional content supporting marketing campaigns: TYT branding, membership, audience support, live viewership, sponsorship, e-commerce, podcasting, programming, and more.
- Monitor performance of written copy and work closely with the Marketing Analyst and Audience Development team to improve and optimize audience conversions.
- Organize and manage a writing schedule using Trello to complete drafts of copy and ensure timely delivery of requests.
- Plan messaging campaigns and maintain messaging calendar; socialize across a cross-functional team; build processes for reactive / rapid-response messaging.
- Daily research of what’s trending including hashtags and keywords that can inform written content. Syndicate and cross promote with the wider team.
- To further increase reach, this person is willing to learn SEO and create written content that is optimized for the platform to maximize visibility.
- 3+ years of experience in media, politics, community engagement, marketing, or policy
- Strong writing skills - engaging, concise, and quick
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, organization, teamwork, follow-up sills
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with news media, politics, and progressive issues
- Experience with Klaviyo and Trello preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree