Allen Media Broadcasting is looking for a full-time digital content specialist to join our energetic and passionate team. This person assists our Director of Digital Content and contributes content to our family of digital newsrooms.
Greater Atlanta Area
May 17, 2022
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Post daily news items of local, regional and/or national significance to AMB station digital platforms.
- Post breaking news as it happens.
- Post additional content, i.e. photo galleries, news items, links, etc., as needed.
- Share content from national and network outlets to appropriate affiliates within the AMB group.
- Assist/proofread/spot check content created by newsrooms as requested.
- Assist Director of Digital Content in maintaining administrative support queue within AMB intranet.
- Assist Director of Digital Content in aggregating group-wide and property-level digital metrics reports.
- Conduct weekly spot checks of AMB suite of digital platforms, ensuring content is up-to-date and free of technological errors.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of digital content experience in a working newsroom.
- Working knowledge of various social media and digital platforms.
- Must take an active role in discovering and creating new content for the digital platforms.
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate solid news judgment and strong attention to detail.
- Must has strong copy editing, grammatical and writing skills.
- Must have ability to use SEO effectively to improve search referral traffic.
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics and Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Slack and video conference platforms such as Zoom and Google Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent at multitasking.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exceptional presentation skills.