KYTX CBS 19, TEGNA’s station in the Tyler-Longview market, is looking for a full-time digital content producer. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves local news and wants to work on the cutting edge of digital and social media.
Jul 20, 2022
We are looking for a journalist who is innovative and has solid news judgment, strong news writing skills and social media experience.
Our digital content producers create original content to reach our customers wherever they are, on whatever device they are using. They also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets. Our digital producers want to win on all platforms.
Qualified candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Write and post daily content on all digital platforms including social media
- Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and reach the widest possible audience through application of advanced social media skills
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (user-generated content, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media mining tools and other online news sources to gather information and post content to the KYTX CBS 19 digital platforms
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination, and social listening
- Coordinate live stream of news events daily online and on social media, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Edit newscast segment video to post on KYTX CBS 19 digital platforms
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Create original video for web and social platforms
- Conduct interviews with story characters and newsmakers
- Ensure our homepage is reflective of the most high-interest stories, featuring the most current imagery and latest information
- Perform other tasks as required by News Director
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-2 years of experience, college journalism experience counts
- Experience in photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- A deep knowledge of AP-style, grammar and punctuation
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Understanding of how to use audience analytics tools like Crowdtangle, Taboola, Google Analytics and Google Trends
- Strong social media skills on platforms to include Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premiere and Photoshop a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Bilingual (Spanish) writing ability a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.