Weigel Broadcasting Co. is a multi-platform media company with a remarkably creative, loyal and entrepreneurial team. We have an immediate opening for a skilled Digital Content Creator to join our growing digital department that engages fans of pop-culture, entertainment and nostalgia.
Greater Chicago Area
Aug 11, 2023
Weigel Broadcasting Co. is a multi-platform media company with a remarkably creative, loyal and entrepreneurial team. We have an immediate opening for a skilled Digital Content Creator to join our growing digital department that engages fans of pop-culture, entertainment and nostalgia. In this creative role you will be responsible for producing and editing compelling and entertaining videos as well as writing articles and other editorial content that command attention and drive viewer awareness and tune-in for our TV network brands. Our company continues to grow and we are seeking talented creatives who can take assignments from ideas to completion.
- This position is focused on publishing video and creating original editorial content, such as articles and quizzes.
- Creating (Writing, producing and editing) of image, tune-in, topical, event, and other promotional video for online content to promote our national networks.
- Upload, schedule, and set live delivered promotional video content from other departments for multiple networks.
- Create multiple daily articles and quizzes.
- Edit and review the work of others
- Maintain the YouTube pages for national networks.
- Be aware of legal responsibilities creating video content with established brands.
- Works with various departments (e.g. programming, social media, sales) to shepherd projects through entire production process.
- Transform original content to web exclusives, newsletters, and articles.
- Monitor analytics, comments, and other feedback and use that information to tailor your content
- Serve as an ambassador of our brands to engage talent, fan groups and organizations.
- Reach millions of fans that are visiting our digital properties.
- Research pop culture and nostalgic content in order to create clickable, engaging content.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must provide portfolio or writing samples with application
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in AP Style
- Previous experience writing, producing and editing promos for a multiplatform media company.
- Previous experience with social media formats and creating video content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- A demonstrated passion for pop-culture and emerging social media platforms.
- Successful editing and writing experience in digital publishing.
- Skills in the Premiere and Adobe Family Suite.
- A demonstrated passion for pop culture, classic television and emerging digital platforms.
- A finger on the pulse of social media trends
- Strict attention to deadlines
- We need professional promotion creatives with demonstrated experience in producing great messaging from conception through completion.
Candidates should share links to their professional resume, work history, writing samples, promotion demo reel and production examples.