We're hiring a Digital Content Creator to be part of our next-level team at FOX Television Stations in Houston. Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, the Digital Content Creator will be laser-focused on telling stories that matter most to digital and social users-- and doing it better than anyone else.
Houston, Texas Area
Aug 03, 2023
We're hiring a Digital Content Creator to be part of our next-level team at FOX Television Stations in Houston. Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, the Digital Content Creator will be laser-focused on telling stories that matter most to digital and social users-- and doing it better than anyone else. Does this sound like you? You're smart, fast on your feet, team-oriented and full of energy. You're an expert in digital and social media platforms. You know a big story when you hear it. You're obsessed with details. Nothing gets past you. You have a zero-tolerance policy for grammatical errors. You could copy edit in your sleep (but you won't— we promise). You love a fast-paced, challenging environment and crave the chance to learn new things. You've got goals, which you strive to meet and exceed (all of them). You thrive in a competitive, fearless culture of creativity and expertise. What you do matters, and you're out to make a difference. Most of all, you want to win. Every. Single. Day. The person we're looking for lives and breathes digital news and information, and is driven by an intense passion for storytelling. If that's you, your dream team awaits.
- Create compelling, user-focused content related to news, events and topics relevant to local users and beyond, including live streaming content, videos, text stories, photos/graphics, breaking news, and social media elements.
- Engage and build loyalty among communities.
- Optimize content for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Serve as liaison to newsroom, ensuring digital and social dominance.
- Reach and engage users on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and beyond.
- Work with Group Content Team and other FTS markets to distribute high-interest stories at scale.
- Follow group standards.
- Monitor real-time analytics.
- Other duties as deemed necessary and assigned.
- 3+ years experience developing and publishing content, including news, on digital and social platforms preferred.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or related field with emphasis on digital publishing.
- Excellent writer and storyteller.
- Superior news judgement.
- mpeccable writing and copy-editing skills.
- Overwhelming attention to detail.
- Thrive under deadline pressure.
- Stellar communication skills.
- Social media expert.
- Proficient in content management systems, search engine optimization (SEO), video publishing, live streaming, and digital analytics tools.
- Video and photo editing experience (Adobe products a plus).