Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Digital Animator to join the Big Nate team! We are looking for an artist that is a great team player, out of the box creative, and ready to grow with an animation team as well as look to expand the vocabulary of what animation can be (and bring that wacky 90s animation magic)!
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 02, 2022
- Candidate should have experience working with cutout animation and digital puppetry using After Effects tools. Digital compositing experience with After Effects is also a PLUS.
- Work with Digital Animation Supervisor to support the show.
- Create/animate and composite 2D and 3D VFX.
- Model/Texture 3D toon-shaded props and vehicles and composite with 2D plates.
- Animate 2D retakes in Harmony.
- Candidate should be a pro using Adobe Suite, especially Adobe After Effects and Photoshop. Premier skills also a plus.
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist, able to solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines.
- Knowledge of cutout style animation, particularly Terry Gilliam, and JibJab. Related uses of that style a plus.
- Skills in stop-motion animation and fabrication, downshooter, and pixelation. Other types of alternate/experimental animation would be a huge plus!
- Must be an expert in animating and compositing using Adobe After Effects.
- Advanced knowledge of 3D animation software (Maya, Lightwave 3D) with generalist skills in modeling, UV, texturing, rigging, and rendering.
- Knowledge of compositing in Nuke.
- Work well under pressure with quick turnaround and short deadlines.
- 2-4 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games (Not Mandatory).
- BA/BS preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of App/Game Development programs such as Clickteam Fusion 2.5, Construct 2, and Unity 3D a plus.
- Please have portfolio links of relevant art (including collage, cutout, photobashing, etc) and video (animation samples).