Blizzard award-winning Cinematics’ Department has a new opening for a Senior Digi Matte Artist. As a Digital Matte Artist on the team, you’re responsible for crafting fully rendered environment driven shots across all our various IPs and visual styles.
As a Digital Matte Artist on the team, you’re responsible for crafting fully rendered environment driven shots across all our various IPs and visual styles. This work ranges from creating fully rendered one-off 3D shots to landscapes, set extensions, projection painting and sky domes.
We’re looking for a talented and driven artist to join our small tight-knit team, who shares a passion for creating worlds and storytelling through our photorealistic or stylized digital environments.
Your wheelhouse should be that of a well-rounded generalist skillset, with an emphasis in traditional and digital art fundamentals, specifically in image composition, perspective, lighting, texturing, and color theory.
This is a 12-Month temporary position.
Job Responsibilities & Skillsets:
- Create, extend, project, and/or improve environment shots using a combination of 2.5D and 3D Digimatte skills, workflows, and methodologies.
- Possess a critical eye for the development of 3D assets involving Look Dev (modelling, sculpting, texturing, baking LODs, and lighting), to execute the finishing of final rendered shots of various artistic styles.
- Skilled at integrating and compositing 2D photo references and 3D rendered elements together to achieve finished photo-real rendered frames.
- Collaborate with other team members in the execution of an element of, or an entire finaled shot.
- Robust understanding of cameras, lenses and how they affect your shot composition.
- Effectively communicate with artists, supervisors, and production to highlight any concerns while offering solutions to achieve our collective vision and goals.
- Comfortable managing complex scenes and optimizing them for maximum render efficiencies.
- Talent for filtering and evaluating constructive criticism on a professional level. Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, autonomy, and self-sufficiency.
- 5+ years’ experience working within AAA game cinematics and/or the VFX/Animation Industry
- Experience leading projects, representing the team in dailies, and working with creative leadership teams across multiple IPs to help execute the show vision within scope and budget.
- Familiarity with the Blizzard IP’s and associated lore.
- Passion for painting, sculpting, photography, and filmmaking.
- Enthusiastic about innovative industry trends, technologies, techniques, and workflows regarding how to maintain and push our department to stay current and efficient in this ever-evolving industry.
3DsMax, Maya, Nuke, VRay, Redshift, Zbrush, Mudbox, Speed Tree, GrowFX, Forest Pack, World Machine, Gaea, Photoshop, Substance and Quixel Studio
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do!
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $44.67 - $82.60 Hourly.