The Designer I – Animation, Graphics Innovation & Production Design is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at an intermediate level.
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
May 06, 2022
This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments contributes to group projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN’s on-air product. #ESPNMedia
- Utilizes Adobe Suite and Cinema4D to create designs/animations for daily shows and long-range assignments.
- Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events including daily show production design.
- Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers, and vendors.
- Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department, including AE Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting functions and logic
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Reliable work-from-home setup (personal laptop or desktop with reliable internet connection).
- Reliable means of transportation for when on-site work is required.
- Required to work flexible hours and days as assignments dictate including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience in a major TV market.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Passion for sports and familiarity with ESPN programming.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.