The person in this role will report to the Art Director, help manage the day-to-day tasks of the Junior Designer, and work cross-departmentally to support all facets of our activities. collaborate with our marketing team, other designers, and video editors to promote our Emmy-Award winning documentary series, Independent Lens across multiple platforms.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jan 28, 2022
Responsibilities include: concepting, photo manipulation or compositing, creating graphics from scratch, motion graphics, presentation design, information graphics, document layout, presenting creative, working with or creating templates and guidelines, giving/receiving creative feedback, quality control, and project management.
- Design eye-catching creative across a range of platforms: digital, print, motion and more.
- Collaborate with teams and find design solutions that meet strategic goals and raise work standards.
- Optimize design and improve creative processes.
- Manage or oversee photo retouching or compositing, graphics creation, presentation design, and document layout.
- Assist with the evolution and maintenance of brand standards and style guides.
- Review designs for continuity and other errors.
- Contribute to developing ITVS culture by proactively participating in institutional programs and staff events
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to social impact work and engagement in a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Collaborative working style, experience working as part of a team, and ability to participate and receive design analysis and critique.
- Ability to work methodically under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Possesses sound judgment and excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and think strategically.
- Possesses a passion for brand building and a strong understanding of how to maintain and evolve design systems.
- Ability to stay focused, highly organized, pay close attention to details, handle multiple tasks and produce reliable results.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner.
- Required:Minimum 4 years experience as a graphic designer.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Required: Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
- Required: Knowledge of typography, grid systems, color theory and composition.
- Required: Experience with project management.
This is an exempt position that offers a base salary of $65,000.00 with a robust benefits package.
It's important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter.