In this role, you’ll join our collaborative team in the planning, design, and construction of new facilities, building renovations, campus improvements, and major infrastructure upgrades across the Universal Studios Lot.
In supporting the delivery of high-quality projects with high stakeholder satisfaction, you’ll interface with colleagues across the company and assist with the daily project management activities. Your keen ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and tackle project challenges will allow you to thrive in our fast-paced environment and excel in your new career.
- Assist project management with the setup of new projects and tracking of projected costs, cash pacing, and invoicing. Prepare change order request documents as needed for internal review and approval.
- Assist project management with the assigning of tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Assist project management with project closeout processes and document management.
- Maintain accuracy of the team’s overall project log in Smartsheet, regularly updating recent activities, next steps, and target completion dates based on coordination with project managers.
- Responsible for creation and distribution of regular reports including weekly project updates, bi-weekly team accomplishments, monthly operational updates, and quarterly performance of the department. Reports are produced and issued using Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, Smartsheet, and PowerBI.
- Regularly attends meetings with key clients and executive stakeholders and prepare meeting minutes or follow up on action items as needed.
- Support the development and maintain a new online library of digital records that will be shared with various departments across the Studio Operations Group.
- Support the SDC Team, Capital Planning, Finance, and the Studio Operations Group as needed.
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve and ensure expectations are met.
Let’s Talk About You…
• Executer – You get things done! Using strong organizational, time management, and communication skills, you prioritize and execute numerous tasks in parallel.
• Flexible – you can toggle between supporting project delivery, departmental reporting, and document management wish ease.
• Industrious – you are a dependable and energetic problem solver with clear, concise, and direct communication skills.
• Adaptable – you are open to jumping in to tackle new tasks and bring very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key collaborators in the support of emerging business priorities.
What You Have…
• 4-year college degree in related field preferred.
• 2+ years of relevant project / program administrative, management and/or support experience.
• Previous experience working within a design and construction delivery team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Experience with Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Bluebeam highly desirable.
• Strong PowerPoint and compelling graphic presentation skills.
• Must be willing to work on-site at our Universal City, CA location.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
What Could Set You Apart…
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude every day.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and deliverables.
• Strong working knowledge of project management practices.
• Able to build detailed budgets, schedules and scope documents within established parameters.
• Strong team philosophy and interpersonal skills.