The D23 Graphic Designer leads and produces the digital design function for D23: The Official Disney Fan Club.
Reporting to Sr Manager, D23 Creative & Programming, the D23 Graphic Designer leads and produces the digital design function for D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. The position is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, web pages, email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and digital ads. The Graphic Designer reports to the Sr. Manager, D23 Creative & Programming and works closely with the D23 Team, Visual Communications Team, and Project Managers.
A portfolio of work is required as part of the application process. Please submit or include the link on your resume. Portfolio should show an eye for visual composition as well as examples of work that showcase solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Produce the design and production for D23 websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics, digital ads, event graphics, and email campaigns
- Manage and produce digital design work, including banner sizing and versioning
- Prep files for production to exact requirements
- Work with the D23 Web Producer and DCCR (Disney Corporate Creative Resources) digital team to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards
- Apply ingenuity, creativity, analytical, and organizational skills to identify and evaluate design problems and develop strong solutions
- Provide overall design support to create marketing collateral product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics
- Translate product positioning, existing research, and offline/online Marketing strategies into effective designs
- Work with Sr. Manager, D23 Creative & Programming as well as broader Marketing team to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points
- 3+ years of professional experience in graphic design
- Strong understanding of web design including mobile and responsive landscapes
- Advanced skills in visual design, information architecture, print standards, color theory and typography
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of HTML, FTP, web design and development and content management systems and web design processes
- Aware of current market trends in both design and content consumption as well as current The Walt Disney Company brands, properties and priorities
- Demonstrates creation of cutting-edge, original design solutions on rigorous deadlines with keen attention to detail
- Ability to multitask between projects and clients, take feedback from multiple stakeholders, work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude, as well as work flexible hours as needed
- Adapt creative products and deliverables to fit within the Disney brand guidelines
- Organized with the ability to prioritize while carrying large volumes of work
- Graphic design experience at a digital agency or in-house web team for a product-driven business
- WordPress, Keynote and/or PowerPoint design experience
- Experience with e-commerce websites or advertising design
- Illustration, editorial and photography experience
- Event design experience
- Passion for and knowledge of Disney’s history and family of brands
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
The hiring range for this position in CA is $63,000-$85,000 per year.