The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences.
These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Summer/Fall Trainee position is from May/June through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
TriStar Pictures is searching for a Development Intern. We are a division of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group (MPG) that creates filmmaker-driven movies like Happiest Season, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Trainspotting 2, and Baby Driver that have the potential for both critical acclaim and commercial success. The team currently consists of the President, the VP of Creative, and two Creative Executives. Together they evaluate pitches, scripts, books, and articles as potential projects, nurture relationships with filmmakers, writers and producers, and guide films through all stages of development, prep, production, post-production, marketing and distribution.
- Reading script submissions and providing written summaries and recommendations for development executives
- Performing research and compiling materials to help determine whether we should pursue certain projects
- Creating lists with recommendations for directors, writers, and cast for projects in development
- Communicating with talent agencies to determine actor and director availability for our projects
- Providing administrative support for executives such as making calls and scheduling meetings as needed
- Providing general administrative support for the TriStar offices as a whole
- Ability to work full-time hours
- Passion and focus on filmmaking
- Experience in basic office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Google Suite) and handling phones.
- Patience, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience evaluating materials (scripts, books, etc.) and writing coverage
- Prior film or TV creative development
The anticipated base salary for this position is $20/hour.