We are looking for energetic, self-directed, highly organized, proactive creative type to provide administrative and creative support to a TV team producing an animated children's series.
The Sony Pictures Television’s Kids group is a leader in developing world-class children’s brands. The division’s award-winning productions include Octonauts, Peter Rabbit, Hilda, The Creature Cases and Chico Bon Bon: Monkey with a Tool Belt, SuperKitties, and Sunny Day. Currently, the team is working on an extensive development slate, a string of new content for hit shows Octonauts and Hilda and is in production on a number of series for partners such as Disney, Netflix, AppleTV+ and TenCent.
Beyond content creation, the Sony Pictures Television Kids group’s expertise extend to building global IP franchises via content distribution, consumer products, and live entertainment. Its talented teams are based in Los Angeles, New York, and London.
We are looking for energetic, self-directed, highly organized, proactive creative type to provide administrative and creative support to a TV team producing an animated children's series. Ideal candidate has knowledge/interest in animation, kids' media, and pop culture. This position reports to the Executive Producer/EVP Creative.
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings for Creative Producers:
- Anticipate scheduling conflicts and resolve
- Coordinate schedule(s) to maximize time and create efficiencies
- Ensure meetings are successful and efficient:
- Confirm times, directions, and contact information in advance with any external attendees
- Confirm necessary materials and/or AV needs in advance; ensure they’re tested and functional before meeting
- Prepare/print required documents in advance of meetings, including agendas; ensure all participants have required materials
- Take clear, concise notes and distribute as appropriate
- Coordinate with Creative Producers and Production Management to prepare daily and weekly to-do lists in accordance with production deadlines
- Create and maintain up-to-date contact list
- Manage all travel planning and expense reporting for Creative Team
- Plan, organize and implement events, such as meetings or business luncheons
- Provide support to creative team on various creative development projects including: writing coverage on prospective ideas; taking and compiling notes during meetings; tracking and summarizing market trends/broadcaster line-ups; researching and recommending designers, animation studios, and writers; creating mood boards; and assisting in the creation of pitch materials and presentations
- Responsible for various show-related tasks including downloading, distributing, and archiving creative assets. For example: visuals from designers and animation studio, scripts for tv, theatrical adaptations, digital assets for consumer products, and episodic deliverables at every stage of production
- Passion for children’s television
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of prior experience in supporting mid- to senior-level executives in entertainment, business, management, or related field
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop
- Prior experience in television production a plus
- Must be a detail-oriented and a service-oriented individual
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize in busy production office
- Problem-solving, proactive thinker
- Ability to work independently
Nice to have:
- Administrative experience in a production/creative environment
- Familiarity with animation pipelines
- Additional Language skills
- Proficiency in Premiere, Final Draft and/or After Effects