FOX 26, the Fox O & O duopoly in Houston, TX, is looking for the ideal candidate who has a unique flair and an understanding of quality, engaging content for broadcast and digital platforms.
Houston, Texas Area
May 05, 2023
FOX 26, the Fox O & O duopoly in Houston, TX, is looking for the ideal candidate who has a unique flair and an understanding of quality, engaging content for broadcast and digital platforms. An appreciation for compelling video elements and some basic editing skills that will benefit broadcast and digital productions. If you know good video when you see it and you have a solid understanding of the value of word choice in writing teases, headlines, and copy, this position is the right one for you! The position of Creative Content Associate Producer will give you the opportunity to create and develop broadcast and digital content from concept to execution.
- As a hybrid position, the Creative Content Associate Producer will work to support the broadcasts with digital content as well as will work with management to maintain a consistent content slate for the FOX 26 digital platforms.
- Experience with You Tube Studio is a plus.
- The perfect candidate must possess strong people skills, as you will be working collaboratively with other members of the news team. Gone are the days of broadcast and digital working apart; FOX 26 Houston values all its platforms and encourages journalists to embrace and choose the best platform for creative content.
- The position of Creative Content Associate Producer will need to stay at the forefront of digital content creative trends and technology.
- You should have a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to problem-solve.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Must possess strong knowledge of legal and ethical parameters for mass media.
- Candidate must be willing to learn how to produce programmatic content for digital as well as news broadcast.
- A 4-year degree in journalism, media studies or related field is preferred.
- At least one year’s experience working in digital media and/or a smaller television market is preferred.
- Proficiency with Photoshop and desktop video editing software is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of newsroom computer systems such as I-News, AWS and SLACK is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work any shift as needed.