The Costumer role takes a costume from page to stage for the Disney Cruise Line. This role is responsible for researching and facilitating the manufacturing of new and replacement Entertainment costumes while collaborating with some of the industry's top talent.
Live Event / On Location Services
Wardrober / Stylist
Orlando, Florida Area
May 25, 2023
The Costumer role takes a costume from page to stage for the Disney Cruise Line. This role is responsible for researching and facilitating the manufacturing of new and replacement Entertainment costumes while collaborating with some of the industry's top talent. The Costumer must have the ability to relay direction and concepts to various levels of cast members while ensuring our costumes meet the design aesthetic and the functional requirements. This position will require both domestic and international travel.
This is a seasonal position with no guarantee of regular hours.
- Partner with Entertainment and Costuming Operations to ensure costume quality and design are consistently maintained
- Produce estimates, lead timelines & budgets
- Work with the Designer to identify fabrics, trims, and all garment accessories factoring in climate, safety, and functionality
- Ensure that our costumes meet the rigorous needs of a day-to-day operation while being highly functional
- Support special events, filming, and conventions with costume needs from developing new costumes to pulling from existing stock
- Coordinate fittings with Entertainment and Workroom personnel
- Document Costumes and Production process in various formats for history and analysis
- Source new vendors for materials and finished goods, attend trade shows to keep up on the cutting edge of costume production
- Lead and mentor hourly union cast- coaching them through their show responsibilities, while resolving pay issues and shepherding their development
- Monitor show quality through Cast/Crew feedback and periodic assessments. Give directions on how to clean costumes, set up lines, etc.
- Interface daily with Entertainment Show Producers, Directors, Designers, and Entertainment and Costuming Leaders & Crew
- 2+ years’ experience in a Costuming role
- Experience in Theatre, Film, Cosplay, or Fashion
- Experience in costume documentation
- Experience with project/production management lifecycle
- Experience in planning, problem-solving, conflict resolution, influencing, and negotiating (written and verbal communication)
- Experience working in a team environment where collaboration is key
- Experience with garment construction and textiles
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including extended hours and holidays
- Basic understanding of union agreements
- Experience opening a show and/or entertainment offering
- Leadership experience
- In-depth knowledge of costume/garment history
- Buying and negotiating experience
- Experience using software specific to the business such as Yunique, Smartsheet, Maximo, and/or SAP
High School diploma or equivalent