As a Costume Assistant Cast Member, you will provide specialized costume services for the entertainment offerings at the Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts and the Disney Cruise Line.
Wardrober / Stylist
Orlando, Florida Area
As the Costume Assistant, you will make on-the-spot decisions to complete the running of shows in emergencies situation such as costume repair or deliveries. Additionally, the Costume Assistant Cast Member will assist the Costumers with setting-up and attending fittings.
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you upload your resume when completing the application for this posting.
The starting pay rate for this role is $15.00
- Hand sewing, wash, press and repair costumes for shows
- Operate special laundry care equipment (steamers, industrial steam irons, etc.)
- Set up and dress costumes for shows
- Tag, dye, airbrush and perform shoe repair
- Pack costumes for shipment and fill out paperwork for tracking and inventory
- Pick-up and delivery of show costumes for repairs, alterations and fittings
- Partner with Costumers to set up and assemble wardrobe and accessories for fitting
- Help write alteration tickets and dressing entertainers
- Compile swatch cards and catalog show requests
- Inventory costumes, supplies and fabric for the Costume Storage facility
- Flexible with work schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (apron, face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle various chemicals and supplies
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Valid Florida driver's license
- Willing to drive a company vehicle including an automatic transmission box truck
- One (1) year experience in a Costume Department or Two (2) years of related experience or Bachelor's Degree in Fashion or Design or Theatre Arts
- Computer proficiency and ability to navigate between multiple and concurrent computer applications
- Willing to work with costumes made of fur, fiberglass and plastics
- Textile knowledge
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Experience with costuming issue or costuming repair
- Experience working with costumes in theatre or show production
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.