We are currently seeking Cosmetologists! Have you ever wanted to work within our wig rooms, parade locations, stage shows and special event areas where they build, style, and maintain multiple wigs for performers and Audio-Animatronic figures across The Walt Disney World Resort?
Hair / Makeup
Live Event / On Location Services
Orlando, Florida Area
Jun 30, 2023
We are currently seeking Cosmetologists! Have you ever wanted to work within our wig rooms, parade locations, stage shows and special event areas where they build, style, and maintain multiple wigs for performers and Audio-Animatronic figures across The Walt Disney World Resort? The Cosmetologist will work with Cast Members applying prosthetics, facial hair, theatrical makeup, and guiding accurate makeup application. Cosmetologists may also support film shoots, media events and convention shows.
Cosmetologists receive a starting pay rate of $20.00 per hour.
To be considered for this role you must pass an in person assessment at The Walt Disney World Resort.
- Maintain all wigs (washing, combing, drying, setting, and styling) for all Walt Disney World Theme Park Entertainment offerings, Auto-Animatronics and any special events
- Recreate wig styles from photo documentation
- Help assemble and coordinate make-up kits for performers
- Guide entertainers’ makeup application for show and sets
- Prolonged standing and walking to multiple areas in indoor and outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Support entertainers with parade step off, show calls and retouches
- Work with chemicals daily including hair products and cleaning solutions
- Flexible with work schedule, including location and time of day
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A valid Driver’s License
- Experience with synthetic and human hair wig styling
- Experience with appropriate styling tools
- Styling experience with period styles involving finger waves and French Twists
- Experience working with performers to pin wigs and apply facial hair and prosthetics
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- A valid Florida Cosmetology license
- Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- One (1) + years’ experience creating or styling synthetics wigs
- Candidates who are self-motivated, responsible, and have excellent organizational skills