The Multiplatform Copy Editor/Writer works with producers, NDJ, ROW and writers to ensure journalistic integrity and great storytelling in all CNNE en Español Platforms, and uses various newsroom tools for TV and digital production purposes.
What will you be doing?
• The Copy Editor / Writer provides final detailed edit of copy and informational graphics for factual accuracy, sourcing, balance, libel, tone, context, grammar/spelling/style. That includes writing and rewriting anchor copy
• The Copy Editor / Writer also ensures that text is up-to-date, that it complies with any CNN guidance, and that story elements work together as a cohesive whole.
• The Copy Editor / Writer writes and edits story text, packages, headlines, captions and SMS content for all Spanish platforms.
What do we need from you?
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience. Bilingual (must be able to translate and edit text from English to Spanish)
• 5 years full time news writing or editing in Spanish, the ability to handle breaking news under heavy deadline pressure and a proven understanding of Latin America and U.S. domestic, Hispanic and International issues.
• Must have newspaper, wire service or online writing or copy editing background. • Broadcasting or multimedia experience is a plus.
• Ease of use with computer applications necessary. • Demonstrated editing skills (checking language, accuracy, balance, sensitivity).
• Leadership (works effectively with writers, producers, NDJ).
• Effective speed to keep up with demanding workload.
• Flexibility and highly organized (can deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, handle several tasks at once).
• Positive, collaborative attitude (eager, energetic, team-oriented)