We are seeking a Social Impact Manager who will focus on developing and executing campaigns to drive our audience to take action on pressing social issues.
The MTV Entertainment Group Social Impact team is charged with using our superpowers for good! The team develops and implements multi-platform social change initiatives that empower the brands’'s audiences to affect the biggest challenges facing the nation, including matters of mental health, racial justice, civic engagement, LGBTQ+ equality, and other timely issues. Come join the team!
We are seeking a Social Impact Manager who will focus on developing and executing campaigns to drive our audience to take action on pressing social issues. In this role you will work with all departments including Marketing, Insights, Digital, Production, and Communications to develop campaigns that drive measurable change. Our ideal candidate is strategic, creative, innovative, high impact, and low ego. The Coordinator, Social Impact will report directly to the Director, Social Impact and will collaborate with a small yet mighty team to generate outsized impact.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of bold, high-impact campaigns and show integrations for MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Paramount Network, Logo, Pop TV, Smithsonian, and TV Land;
- Develop and maintain relationships with external non-profit, corporate, and philanthropic foundation partners in allied issue spaces;
- Consult on all aspects of campaign development, offering issue-based counsel and ensuring that campaigns align with messaging best practices and drive positive impact among viewers;
- Help keep the team organized by developing new overview documents, managing the coordination with internal stakeholders (such as social, digital, creative, marketing, communications, legal), and tracking progress alongside the project manager;
- Conduct rapid landscape analysis when new issue areas arise;
- Track and communicate the impact of campaign activations across MTVE brands;
- Provide administrative and calendar support to the Action Campaigns team as needed;
- Support on the creation of pitch decks, creative briefs, and other materials for internal and external use;
- Support the onboarding and coordination of technical vendors and creative agencies to develop the best products to reach and support our audience (including but not limited to websites and toolkits);
- Be a critical part of the social impact team culture and strategy development.
- At least 1 year of professional experience, with a focus on media, entertainment, social impact, or cause-related marketing.
- Campaign experience, particularly on pressing social issues
- Strong passion for effecting positive social change
- Plugged into pop culture, digital youth culture, and prosocial trends.
- Detail-oriented and organized with extraordinary research and written/oral communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to rapidly shift between projects and priorities - keeping focus on the intended impact and outcomes.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- A quick learner who is reliable and willing to pitch in at a moment's notice on a range of tasks.