The WCM Sampling Department is responsible for the negotiation of WCM songs used in new songs and the creation of new copyrights. Under direct supervision and with some latitude for independent judgment the ideal candidate will be responsible for obtaining approvals, providing quotes, issuing and tracking invoices and drafting agreements.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 15, 2023
The WCM Sampling Department is responsible for the negotiation of WCM songs used in new songs and the creation of new copyrights. This includes all aspects of the Sample, Interpolation and Adaptation request process.
We’re looking for enthusiastic applicants with attention to details and the ability to take direction in a productive manner. Under direct supervision and with some latitude for independent judgment the ideal candidate will be responsible for obtaining approvals, providing quotes, issuing and tracking invoices and drafting agreements.
Here you’ll get to:
- Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes to labels or clearance agents for WCM Sample requests.
- Perform research duties of the Company’s rights to songs.
- Assist in copyright research as it pertains to Worldwide administration rights and requests from foreign territories.
- Coordinate and confer with Company’s internal departments (copyright/sync/legal/A&R)as well as outside parties to include, but is not limited to, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance and ownership.
- Manage and is responsible for handling correspondence from parties requesting sample clearance requests for use of Company products contained in the catalogue.
- Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
We’d love it if you also had:
- 2+ years of Music Publishing & Copyright experience
- General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service and etiquette
- A strong work ethic
- Strong understanding of copyright, music publishing and music publishing income streams
- Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
- Ability to produce quality work and be accountable
- Time management & prioritization skills
- Ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
- Ability to be a self-starter, self-motivated, and take responsibility/ownership of tasks; think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically
- Ability to consistently take initiative
- Knowledge & appreciation of Urban, Pop. Knowledgeable of current trends, new media, label and music outlets
- Produce playlists and song lists as requested
- Perform research duties of the Company’s rights to songs
- Create and process expense reports
- Ability to “accept” explicit content involved with samples
- Baccalaureate degree with a major in Music Business
- Working knowledge of Monday.com and GLS
Hourly Rate: $23.60 - $25.64 hourly