The Programming Coordinator, A&E will be a versatile, multi-talented, entry level role that supports Executive Producers, the SVP, Development and Programming, and VP, Head of Development. For now, the position will be remote, but may transition to an office-based position as company policies and needs dictate.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 25, 2022
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Supports the SVP Development and Programming, the VP, Head of Development, and Executive Producers, by scheduling meetings & calls.
• Coordinate with production companies for deliverables and invoices for both series and development projects.
• Participate in development meetings by taking notes, contributing to the conversation around a project’s viability for series and pitch potential ideas.
• Attend weekly production meetings for assigned series.
• Prepare new series order programming documents (PACs) as assigned, and track the progress of this paperwork on behalf of your executive(s).
• Field miscellaneous requests from production companies and internal departments.
• Primary contact between programming and all other AETN departments for various requests.
• Aid Executive Producers on series and development projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN: On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to be immersed in programming and production. You will experience the life cycle of television series from pitch, to development, greenlight to series, and full scale production. Upon launch of the program you will have an active hand in the 360 degrees that surrounds the success of A&E Programming – from Press, to Marketing, Social and Digital – this is a chance to experience all the moving pieces that go into producing content for a television network.
• 1-2 years' post college experience, in the TV business preferred
• Entertainment and/or agency experience
• B.A./B.S. degree
OTHER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Technical Skills: Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Google Docs
• Strong multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Identifies issues and proactively recommends solutions to problems and communicates to leader
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines
• Knowledge or experience in development and production
• Team player is a must
• Embraces and incorporates different viewpoints and perspectives