The Program Operations and Global Distribution (POD) group is central to overseeing the life cycle of Showtime Studios content from inception to global distribution. Review Showtime original programs in order to build preview timecodes and forced narratives for worldwide platforms and distribution.
The Program Operations and Global Distribution (POD) group is central to overseeing the life cycle of Showtime Studios content from inception to global distribution. Program Operations establishes the framework for how content is collected/mastered and coordinates the post production process from the beginning of production, through editorial, finishing and final delivery. Global Distribution is instrumental for worldwide delivery to Paramount+, Pluto TV, Sky/Showtime, and other streaming outlets, output partnerships, digital retailers, home entertainment and various other ancillary licensing models!
POD also leads all aspects of Showtime’s Metadata Management & Data Governance, the central archive database (SAMM-e) which facilitates the sharing and distribution of assets for global partnerships, and the company’s corporate-wide screening platform.
- Review Showtime original programs in order to build preview timecodes and forced narratives for worldwide platforms and distribution.
- Create original program spreadsheets based on each title’s delivery schedule, and keep all asset tracking up to date based on production delivery. Upon final delivery, ensure that each file/asset is uploaded to the proper destination and send notifications to all involved parties. Working knowledge of various file resolutions, codecs, containers, extensions, audio configurations needed.
- Barcode and enter newly delivered audio and video elements, publicity materials, and related documents into departmental SAMM-e database; Review, curate and upload materials for older and archived assets; participate in regular SAMM-e meetings to develop standard processes and discuss technical issues.
- Maintain and organize Program Distribution’s internal physical master library; track the movement of masters to and from outside vendors for duplication, ingestion, and servicing. Liaise between SNI and offsite storage facilities for movement of elements. Maintain and update records of asset location in our storage facilities; Pack, record, and barcode new boxes to send assets to storage facilities.
- Ascertain and update the cost tracker for Program Operations & Distribution operating expenses and submit to the SVP of department for approval. Update QuickBooks accounting by adjusting and closing out Purchase Orders. Code and submit departmental invoices (amounting to over $5M per year) to assigned business analyst for payment. Liaise between business analyst and vendors to ensure timely payments, update required vendor paperwork, and resolve any payment discrepancies. Create PO’s and invoices for department members and project orders. Keep cost-center, vendor codes, and sub-ledger reference documents organized and current.
- Create electronic screeners for distribution purposes through the Indee screening platform for worldwide sales needs. Additionally, format key art and photography using Photoshop for Indee platform and help aid in the backend maintenance of database.
- Review and code monthly departmental chargebacks and evaluate any line items requiring additional backup for auditory purposes.
- Arrange and prepare for SVP/departmental meetings, handle SVP’s calendar, complete and submits expense reports, oversee supply orders, maintain departmental organization chart. Coordinate travel arrangements and complete and submit expense reports. Assist the VP of Program Distribution as needed with calendar, travel and expense reports.
- Maintain the department calendar for all vacation and time off requests for departmental employees.
- Order supplies for the department and maintain the department’s storage rooms
- 1+ years of experience (strong internship experience considered)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Hiring Salary Range: $55,000.00 - 64,272.00.