The role of the PAVS coordinator is to optimize and facilitate the workflows and impact of the Japan PAVS team, throughout the broader region, organization and business.
A coordinator works closely with the APAC PAVS team across the region and world, and must have the ability to deep-dive into the team’s scope of work, in-depth understanding of the company, as well as title goals and strategies. A clear understanding of production and title-first work is essential to best collaborate with and anticipate opportunities for effectiveness between cross-functional partners.
The role will support strategic PAVS responsibilities, ranging from setting up workflows, systems and best practices at large, to operations and campaign management.
What makes a successful coordinator: High level of alertness, a proactive and problem-solving approach. Must possess a strong sense of responsibility to own projects big or small, an ability to see opportunities for better ways of working and implement those across teams, meticulous attention to detail, and an ease at identifying gaps before they become problems.
- Support Japan PAVS team with operational tasks such as, but not limited to contracting vendors to budgeting titles.
- Responsible for keeping the team’s documents organized and updated. Following up on missing materials or information of the team's work and helping obtain it.
- Create and optimize for workflow efficiencies within the Japan and APAC PAVS team by staying clued into cross-functional strategies and movements.
- Maintain expertise over PAVS tools and keep the team updated on developments and trainings.
- Cross-functional asset servicing/management as per the team’s creative needs.
- Manage and maintain topics for PAVS meeting agendas and meeting notes.
- Internal communications: Follow up on any internal communication within cross functional partners in country & ex-Japan and update them on the latest PAVS assets status and changes.
- 3+ years of experience as a content creator ideally at an entertainment company.
- Experience in photography is a plus.
- Highly organized, an inquisitive and innovative personality, with a strong project management background.
- A sound understanding and experience working with photo production teams, film/TV studios and networks, and/or talent in order to manage creative content strategy with marketing, publicity, and/or product stakeholders.
- A strong creative eye with a keen understanding of visual storytelling in the service of audience-first communication strategies.
- Understand and have contacts in the photography and video industries in Japan and knowledgeable of digital file specs & size formats.
- An understanding and interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargos.
- An extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is a plus.
- Fluency in Japanese and Business level English is required.