Gwinnett County Public Schools: Help develop the creative vision for video and event productions.
Minimum Salary: $78,283.00/Annually Maximum Salary: $113,568.00/Annually
License and Certification Qualifications: None required.
Education Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience Qualifications: Five or more years of industry experience in television, film, or media, and management experience in a related field required. Two years or more of writing broadcast scripts preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines while supporting the delivery and creation of media; proven storytelling skills and ability to create strong messaging of concepts; ability to create vision for a project and give clear direction to team in how to produce it; excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with a variety of stakeholders across the district; ability to work independently and as a lead member of a video production team; excellent organizational capabilities to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to problem solve and work well under pressure to come up with creative and relevant solutions for meeting deadlines.
- Deep understanding of the skill sets, technical requirements and project workflows needed for video production.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to shift seamlessly from one project to another.
- Proactive mindset, a can-do attitude, strong attention to detail, and patience to adapt to changes when needed.
- Collaborative leadership.
- Ability to analyze existing processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience using cameras, microphones, and post production software preferred.
- Help develop the creative vision for video and event productions.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to determine the needs of video projects and develop a plan to accomplish the goal.
- Be a lead member in the production of video requests and district live events.
- Identify inspiring stories to become videos highlighting the success of the district.
1. Assist the Director Broadcast and AV Media in managing video project requests.
a. Evaluate and prioritize video project proposals.
b. Determine scope of video needs through discussions with stakeholders.
c. Create project management plans for accepted video projects.
d. Maintain positive working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
e. Create an actionable, realistic plan from a variety of ideas presented for a project.
2. Coordinate the production for Assigned video projects.
a. Coordinate the determination of appropriate content for video projects.
b. Manage the production of assigned videos to meet project requirements.
c. Oversee the production of assigned videos and hold production meetings with editors.
d. Assist in coordinating the ongoing production schedule for assigned projects.
e. Write and edit scripts and lead in the development of scripts written by others.
f. Participate as an assigned team member of a production crew.
g. Ensure accuracy of information presented and ensure grammatical integrity.
3. Collaborate with stakeholders in the production of videos and live event planning and project management in support of annual district events.
a. Work one-on-one with appropriate leaders in schools, divisions, or departments to plan and produce videos for these events that adhere to the content and brand standards established by the district.
b. Assist in supporting and coaching talent to provide them a trusting and empathetic environment to be successful.
c. Participate as a team member in planning and developing themes for district live events.
d. Help craft and edit scripts for presenters and speakers.
4. Assist the Director Broadcast and AV Media in developing communication plans for the department.
a. Communicate departmental program goals and develop vision for the department's support of the district's mission, vision, and goals.
b. Develop brand messaging, plan collateral materials, and generate GCPS TV reports.
5. Manage the programming of the GCPS TV channel.
a. Guide the Research and selection of educational programming to air on channel.
b. Conduct quality control over GCPS TV programs.
c. Oversee the production and distribution of weekly program schedules and updates.
6. Expand the GCPS TV reach by developing and strengthening contacts within the community and developing and implementing outreach strategies.
a. Meet with various community groups and organizations to share information about GCPS TV.
b. Represent GCPS TV at various functions/meetings and community wide events.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Employee occasionally is to work events in the evenings or on the weekends outside of district business hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, negotiate stairs, climb ladders, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear, manipulate tools and small items with hands, and lift and transport up to 50 pounds over short distances.
- The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle in performance of duties.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The employee may be subjected to a wide range of ambient temperature and humidity conditions while working on equipment under varying conditions including overhead work and work in confined spaces.
- Potential hazards of this position include working with electricity, working with heat and noise producing machinery and equipment, working on elevated equipment using ladders or other lifting devices, and use of chemicals and solvents.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with specific disabilities.