The Coordinator of Events and Awards & Talent Relations is responsible for assisting the company in all of its events and awards & talent relations efforts.
The Coordinator will be required to understand priorities and effectively coordinate work activities with teammates throughout the Publicity & Events team and cross-functionally throughout the company. Core duties include managing administrative systems and procedures, such as maintaining department documents, processing invoices, ensuring trackers and calendars are updated in a timely manner, and providing a range of support functions for department staff.
• Coordinates the development and distribution of materials designed for use within the department as well as cross-functionally.
• Assists in curating invite lists, following up and tracking responses, and sending confirmation details.
• Researches and procures talent gifts and premiums for events.
• Submit department requests and update job entry details in project management systems.
• Creates and maintains timely updates to department calendars, submission grids and other various trackers and files.
• Provides on-site support for all events and screenings as needed.
• Organizes and tracks hotel room blocks.
• Assists in tracking competitive industry events.
• Codes invoices and tracks expenditures for budget management including budget accruals.
• Gathers and enters submission information and materials for festivals and awards from internal and external teams.
• Maintains the department’s mailing list, including contacts for talent, agency representatives and vendors.
• Develops processes that simplify, automate, and add reliability to all departmental procedures.
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies supervisor when requested; may include individual team members.
• Manages expense reports for supervisors as needed.
• Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently.
• Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, mailers and other documents and materials.
• Responsible for ordering and keeping current inventory of all office supplies.
• Support in other department administrative functions as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, event management or similar field
• 1-2 years of experience in event production, talent relations and/or awards at a media company or similar (entertainment industry experience preferred).
• Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
• The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
• The ability to manage work across two or more different supervisors.
• Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Knowledge of the digital media space (including social media)
• A passion for entertainment and popular culture