The position will provide support for the Project Team, for the purpose of development, design, execution and operation of event and other duties as assigned.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 29, 2023
The position will provide support for the Project Team, for the purpose of development, design, execution and operation of event and other duties as assigned. Primarily this position will create Scenic Scope Documentation to be included in the RFP packages sent to Scenic Vendors and used to support scenic build and installations.
- Document all scenic items required for a project and note item/asset origin (i.e., vendor or company provided).
- Assess USH assets and allocate to specific Scopes including condition notes. Coordinate and manage workload within schedule perimeters.
- Compile reference images for the Scope Document including plans, elevations, sketches and other reference materials.
- Formulate and detail the scenic specification callouts from design and reference information including color, finish, material, technique and equipment specifications of items for fabrication or purchase by vendor and/or USH. Create/compile samples, as needed.
- Package all information in Scenic Scope Documents. The documents will be reviewed on a timeline to be provided (subject to change) then forwarded to the USH Sourcing Department. Support the design/implementation process through revisions and work sessions.
- Update Scenic Glossary reference document with latest USH-standard requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
Salary range: $21.50 - $23.00
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in theatrical or entertainment production.
- Working technical knowledge of theatrical elements required with an emphasis on scenic design packaging, scope writing, scenic specifications/techniques and vendor communication.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and layout software (e.g., Adobe In-Design or similar)
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre, Performing Arts or Production or related field.
- Significant experience in a scenic fabrication environment.
- Thorough understanding of production of live entertainment in a theme park environment.
- Ability to achieve results through flawless execution of strategies and objectives.
- Solid background in vendor communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and constant change.
- A strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service.