The Coordinator, Backlot Services - will assist the Manager – Backlot Services in the effort of securing, inventorying, and delivering supplies for the needs of television production. The position will be based out of the Set Inventory warehouse but will travel around the Los Angeles area to various warehouse facilities or production locations as needed.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 31, 2023
The Coordinator, Backlot Services - will assist the Manager – Backlot Services in the effort of securing, inventorying, and delivering supplies for the needs of television production. The position will be based out of the Set Inventory warehouse but will travel around the Los Angeles area to various warehouse facilities or production locations as needed. This individual will also be trained to assist in the overall management of television sets, equipment, and assets both on and off stage.
- Tracking assets (Show Assets)
- Updates asset databases
- Track and troubleshoot the online inventory management system
- Assist with transportation and labor job requests
- Coordinates billing and invoicing for transportation, storage and shipping
- Assist with asset shipments and transportation for production
- Coordinate set inventory storage and operations under the guidance of the Senior Manager.
- Control access to all storage areas
- Maintain log of available electronic and office items and distribution
- Assist with on-set inventory and storage procedures for film and television productions
- Receive and stock supplies at warehouse(s)
- Update the set inventory database
- Coordinates and organizes set storage for ABC Studios productions
- Researches set requests for productions
- Provides production art departments with set drawings and pictures
- Assists productions with warehouse resources
- Schedule meetings and maintain calendar for Managers
- Answer phone and place calls (when in office)
- Maintain contacts and distribution lists in Outlook and Excel
- Create and prepare meeting materials
- Maintain files
Preferred Experience :
- 2 + years of experience in facilities, inventory or warehouse or similar field highly preferred.
- Candidate must be able to lift up to 35lbs and stand for long periods of time.
- Candidate will need to visit storage locations within a 30-mile radius of Burbank, CA. Valid CA drivers license and transportation required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule. May be required to work overtime and during the holiday seasons. Hours from time to time may start as early as 5am and end as late as 7pm.
- Warehouse operations and inventory experience
- Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Must possess enthusiasm, flexibility, and be willing to assume a variety of tasks relating to warehouse management. This role will be housed in warehouse.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, and Outlook
- Proficient experience level in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, FileMaker Pro and Excel. SKILLS DESIRED
- Excellent analytical skills
- SAP experience
High School diploma
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $51,100 to $70,300 per year based on a 40 hour work week.