This role calls for someone who has a passion for booking top news makers and storytelling. This position manages booking and scheduling major newsmakers for GMA3.
This position will coordinate assignments, scheduling, and editorial, plus remotes and crews. Lead efforts to identify and book news making interviews and manage staff. Works with additional departments to execute and monitor editorial process until air. Works directly with Executive and Senior Producers and coordinates with operations and segment producers to ensure all areas of the guest segment are executed properly. Also works cross-platform with all areas of the news division to continue a pipeline of content that GMA3 is able to partner on. Works with the Senior Editorial Producer of GMA3/ABCNL Live Booking to ensure synergy and support between GMA3 and ABCNL bookings to support both areas.
- Pitch/Book news making interviews for GMA3.
- Willingness to throw out the rundown for breaking news.
- Able to work with on-air talent.
- Have a strong grounding and appreciation for the 24/7 rhythm of news.
- Oversee editorial staff - mentor and lead staff.
- Proactively identify and address problems quickly, then independently create informed solutions.
- Form and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with people at various levels, both within ABC News and outside the company, when it comes to a variety of disciplines of business and production.
- Responsibilities include fostering ideas for daily stories, as well as general news content. Being able to manage the editorial process and generate new ideas for future content are also key requirements.
- Candidates must be able to effectively manage story assignments and ability and experience of supervising staff.
Basic Qualifications :
- 10 plus years of competitive booking experience in news.
- All candidates should have extensive experience producing /booking segments.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work extended shifts and thrive under daily deadline pressures.
- The energy to juggle both show production and staff management.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $131,700 to $181,060 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.