ABC News Washington Bureau is hiring a Coordinating Producer for our Pennsylvania Avenue Unit serving as the team’s deputy leader.
ABC News Washington Bureau is hiring a Coordinating Producer for our Pennsylvania Avenue Unit serving as the team’s deputy leader. The Coordinating Producer reports into the Senior Coordinating Producer and together they are responsible for guiding the network’s coverage of White House and congressional storylines, while supervising the team of producers/reporters and correspondents who cover those beats.
What You Will Do:
You will run daily coverage meetings, provide editorial oversight and direction in daily news division meetings, strategize logistical and editorial direction for the unit during breaking news situations, and work closely with platform leaders and show producers across ABC News.
Are you someone with extensive congressional, White House and/or political reporting experience? We are looking for an expert communicator - with a vision and a plan to clearly communicate that plan with our team. In addition, you will:
- Help lead our Penn Ave unit in its day-to-day reporting breaking news; partner closely with ABC News leadership to develop longer term strategies for reporting content
- Coordinate and manage a team of skilled journalists, responsible for reporting and producing content on all ABC News platforms
- Maintain creative relationships with best-in-class on-air talent
- Lead the team in developing new storytelling techniques across platforms
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years experience working in broadcast news
- Must have extremely strong editorial skills
- Must have proven writing/scripting skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and drive developing news situations
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
A plus if you bring 8 or more years of broadcast news experience, with a strong focus in political, congressional or White House reporting
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience