KERA/DRC: The Denton Record-Chronicle is seeking a full-time Content Producer to join our newsroom in Denton. This is an entry-level position that welcomes creativity and opportunities for growth and professional development.
The Denton Record-Chronicle is seeking a full-time Content Producer to join our newsroom in Denton. The Content Producer should be a passionate, entrepreneurial, innovative person to help bring the Denton Record-Chronicle’s focus on utility-driven content and audience growth and engagement to life.
This is an entry-level position that welcomes creativity and opportunities for growth and professional development. This position is classified as FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for overtime and reports to the Director of Content.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The ideal content producer:
- Will handle content planning and creation for the Denton Record-Chronicle's Denton U section and email newsletter, including building and sending weekly newsletters.
- Is connected to the world outside our newsroom. The ideal candidate must be capable of following social media, watching trends and using community involvement in determining what coverage makes the most sense for readers, across all of the Denton Record-Chronicle's sections.
- Work closely on production of the Denton County magazine with the director of content to assure production timelines and content deadlines are met.
- Is passionate about engagement. The right content producer will be eager to better understand target audiences and develop innovative content plans to reach them.
- Develop and implement audience and engagement strategies to build Denton County magazine and Denton U audiences throughout Denton County.
- Will identify content from other local news sources that are relevant to readers and aggregate them online in a more understanding, utility-driven way.
- Will understand and appreciate AP Style and traditional newswriting standards.
- Other duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be a good fit, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- EXCELLENT writing skills
- Love of writing, editing and proofreading
- Excitement about the future of local news content, delivery and engagement
- Enthusiasm for audience development and engagement
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and working well with others
- Strong attention to detail, organization and efficiency
- Excellent time management skills
BONUS IF YOU BRING:
- Love of the Denton County community
- Intern or work experience in journalism, communications, social media or brand strategy
SALARY RANGE: $35,000 - $45,000, depending on experience