Put your creative, visual stamp on in-depth consumer stories that will be seen in major markets across the nation! CBS Television Stations is seeking a Consumer Photographer/Editor & Producer.
CBS Television Stations is seeking a Consumer Photographer/Editor & Producer whose primary focus will be shooting, editing and helping produce impactful investigative segments of national importance that are localized for multiple markets, with compelling storytelling and innovative, multiplatform delivery. They will partner with our National Consumer Correspondent, and be part of a specialized consumer unit inside the CTS Innovation Lab, which experiments with next-generation storytelling, and tests new products, workflows and production models for the future. The consumer unit will collaborate with the group’s news, investigative and special projects teams, while also collaborating across CBS News and Stations’ platforms.
- Shoot and edit video, photographs and other visuals to build consumer packages and story elements for multiplatform reporting and marketing.
- Organize, archive and ensure safekeeping of video assets. Facilitate sharing of video between story collaborators, stations and network.
- Help to ideate, research and create consumer stories with consistent frequency and impact for the newscasts, specials, streams, websites and apps of CBS News and Stations.
- Assist with vetting tips and story ideas to identify and prioritize original, timely and topical investigative stories with broad value to the audience.
- Urgently develop and execute consumer angles to elevate breaking news coverage.
- Efficiently improve newsgathering and investigative tactics to obtain information and story elements, such as developing relationships, cultivating sources, strategically landing interviews, navigating open records laws and using computer-assisted reporting techniques.
- Communicate frequently and optimally with respect and candor, and maintain highly collaborative, productive working environments and relationships with management and news personnel. Represent company expertly at all times in public interactions.
- Work closely with management, producers and legal counsel in crafting accurate, well-documented, bulletproof stories.
- Maintain all company-issued technology, equipment and vehicles, and initiate troubleshooting/repairs with urgency.
- Shoot and edit from various locations as needed for the gathering and presentation of segments. Assists in researching and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Must be willing to work an unpredictable and adaptable schedule as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must provide reel demonstrating expert videography, photography and editing skills.
- 5+ years’ experience as photographer, including specialty content such as consumer or investigative, in a medium to large market.
- Track record of content that leads to accountability, change and broad recognition, as well as audience growth and brand definition.
- Advanced skills required with video editing software such as Media Composer, Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro. Additional expertise required with graphic design and video effects, using software such as After Effects or similar.
- Working knowledge of file-based video transfer software and bonded cellular transmit units such as LiveU, TVU or similar.
- Advanced technical troubleshooting skills required.
- Must be physically able to carry, shoulder and shoot with a broadcast ENG camera (25 lbs. or more) as well as carry necessary equipment (tripod, lights, microphones, etc.).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Journalism or related degree preferred.