NBC / Telemundo San Diego, the NBC Owned Television Station duopoly, is looking for a passionate, experienced, and innovative producer to join our Responds and Responde consumer team.
Greater San Diego Area
Feb 23, 2023
The successful candidate will be expected to enterprise and produce consumer news stories in English and Spanish for broadcast, digital and streaming platforms.
- Research, develop, write, edit, and produce enterprise consumer/investigative news stories
- Develop a network of sources and experts to generate enterprise consumer/investigative stories
- Responsible for preparing consumer reports for air, working either independently or with a reporter
- Work with reporters and photographers to copy edit scripts and organize materials for editing
- Work with our Consumer Investigative Center to resolve viewers' consumer issues through our NBC 7 Responds and Telemundo 20 Responde franchise
- File and manage public records requests, conduct interviews, and contact companies for comment on stories
- Coordinate additional and unique coverage with digital team
- Maintain story calendar and work with promotions team to produce topicals
- Support the news department during breaking news and major events
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping consumers. Must have good editorial judgment and be able to lead a team of reporters and photographers. The applicant should have a good understanding of how to deliver meaningful and impactful stories for our digital and broadcast platforms.
Must be fluent in English and Spanish. This is not an entry level position.
- Minimum of 5 years television news producing or reporting experience
- Proficient in desktop editing
- Impeccable reporting and storytelling skills
- Collaborative spirit and an openness to continue learning
- Ability to present stories for all station platforms
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
- Understanding of computer-assisted reporting and working with spreadsheet programs
- Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit and desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
- Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor
Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000
Please include at least five examples of your best work on both broadcast and digital with your application.