The Videography and Media Content Lead is tasked with helping generate content for our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok). Further, they will design and produce a weekly show highlighting what makes our platforms so exciting and fun.
Live Event / On Location Services
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Feb 17, 2023
This show would run once a week via YouTube (and/or on other platforms) with episode length of 20-30 minutes. Each episode would include recaps from the previous week, special highlights (e.g., player/coach interviews, stadium upgrades, player development, themed features (e.g., Father’s Day), etc.). There would be a special All-Star episode in July and a Playoffs/Championship episode in August. The key here is to make it fun and help utilize it as a recruiting tool for the league for future players.
This individual would also work to help locate multimedia interns (14 total) that would be based in each market during the season. These interns would work each home game for their assigned team, shooting and capturing media content that can be used on the league’s socials as well as for the weekly show. In addition to general footage and highlights that can be shown nightly, the Director of Videography and Media Content would discuss with the multimedia interns what specifics may be needed each week for the upcoming show(s).
- Through the use of photography, graphic design, video editing or other design practices - help create content to be used on the league’s media platforms as well as be distributed to the appropriate outlets throughout the season.
- Work with live-editing software and the league’s nightly streams to share key highlights during games, as well as afterwards.
- Work to create a base template for a weekly show that can be put on YouTube (and/or other outlets) to highlight the fun and excitement of our platform. Adjustments would be made weekly to make each episode different than the one before but some segments (e.g., player/coach feature, upcoming games, etc.) may be recycled each week.
- Help build and grow the league’s content database, while organizing and sorting this content for distribution throughout the season.
- Assist in overseeing the league’s multimedia internship program through accepting online applications and selecting the best candidates available. Train and monitor their performance throughout the season as they help create content for our social platforms and capture content for our database. Assist with identifying deserving candidates that could be shared with our teams who may be interested in media/marketing employees following the season.
- Always have a professional appearance and conduct as a league office representative.
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Strong communication and people skills
- Knowledge of baseball - both in general and pertaining to college and collegiate summer ball
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as all components of Google Drive or the ability to learn quickly
- Proficient in design/editing software such as Photoshop, InDesign and Final Cut
- Ability to take and edit photographs and video
- Knowledge of all relevant social media platforms
- Skilled in writing and editing