Our client's (privately owned company) flagship sports talk station WCMC/99.9 The Fan is seeking a full-time Sports Talk Show Host for the afternoon drive daypart. If you know ACC/Triangle sports and you’re a great storyteller with an engaging personality, this may be the right fit.
You will create and deliver a daily fast-paced, entertaining sports show each weekday, focusing heavily on comprehensive coverage of ACC brands (NC State/Duke/UNC), the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL), Carolina Panthers (NFL) and more.
Show prep skills and organization are absolutely essential. Your extensive show prep each day should include opinion formulation and identifying multiple layers of each topic you discuss with different viewpoints. We are not looking for somebody to “give their take” and host guests. We are looking for thoughtful content creation that entertains, informs and engages the audience in a relatable way that transcends beyond P1 sports fans. Traditional sports talk radio presentation will not be considered.
You will be a solo host and work with a full-time producer to ensure success. You will have the resources of one of the largest news/sports units in the country. Your program will be distributed on our FM radio station (full market coverage), associated audio stream and video broadcast live on our 24/7 Sports OTT app. Your content will be repurposed on our website (which delivers over billion page views each year), our podcast network, our YouTube channel and across all of our social media platforms.
What You'll Do:
- Perform fast-paced live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative
- Communicate daily with producer and Brand Manager to ensure program goals are met
- Assist the show producer with daily strategies, story angles and ideation
- Work closely with the entire news/sports operation to develop content for your show and our platforms
- Interact with the audience on-air and via social media on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain strong contacts and relationships with local sports brands
- Create daily content for website and social media channels
- Prepare and research for broadcasts
- Protect the station’s FCC license
- Make personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts
- Work closely with our sales/marketing department to help our clients achieve success
Required & Preferred:
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong creative skills
- Exceptional show prep and organizational skills
- Must have solid productions skills and a strong working knowledge of studio audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution, including on-air digital systems such as Audio Vault, Adobe Audition and basic video editing skills (minimum)
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F.